What is MDS?
Toshiba Managed Document Services (MDS) is a dedicated, long-term approach to streamlining the entire document process. This includes data capturing, document archiving, document workflow, data security and environmental management.
Toshiba MDS optimizes your printers and improves your organization's print and document management. This helps your business to achieve long term profitability, efficiency, cost savings and environmental sustainability.
Toshiba Audit is the first step to a total assessment of your print fleet, providing you with:
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of the print and document environment
- Implementation policy for long-term cost reductions and a return on investment.
Assessments are categorized as follows:
- Basic assessment is conducted internally for measuring output, and provides a preliminary understanding of the cost per page (CPP) for devices based on specifications and usage.
- Intermediate assessment combines basic company data with secondary research to give a view of the “current state” costs, and provides a deeper analysis of document output costs and how these compare to similar organizations in terms of operating efficiency.
- Detailed assessment is the most sophisticated that involves a comprehensive level of document assessment. It gives a full view of your organization’s current costs and provides advice regarding the recommended future state.
Toshiba MDS will then design a solution to help you:
- Reduce costs
- Streamline operations
- Conserve resources
- Maximize control
- Secure documents
This incorporates the right hardware, software and services to deliver measurable, long-term benefits.
In the design phrase, Toshiba MDS can:
- Optimize your business’ print management.
- Manage your consumables and maintenance arrangements.
- Reduce environmental impact
- Develop environmental print policies that can help you save paper, toner and energy.
With the new hardware, software and development services already installed, you will enjoy a seamless transition and minimal disruption to your business.
Transition and implementation services include:
- Engaging employees in communications to make it easier to move into the new environment
- Provide training so employees can be more efficient and cost-effective
- Manage the adjustment of the output environment to create a green-friendly workplace
- Project management to ensure continuous improvement and adherence to service levels
Toshiba provides continuous management support by ensuring the proper maintenance of your fleet resources according to the service level agreement (SLA) and key performance indicators (KPI).
- Remote monitoring - Toshiba can reduce your total cost of ownership, while monitoring your printing devices 24/7 thus maximizing fleet uptime. Your staff will have a single point of contact for all queries, incidents and problems.
- Consolidated billing services - Just one consolidated billing, tailored to suit your specific requirements, for all your devices, multi-brands, models, consumables or rental cost.
This phase ensures that the services introduced from implementation to management are optimized to meet SLAs.
- Constant review and improve processes for lasting efficiencies, productivity and cost savings
- Regular analysis and fine-tuning of the print and document environment ensures MDS meets your company’s needs whenever your business changes
» Back to top